Tuesday, June 30, 2009

a good wake up call

initially, didn't thought of telling anyone abt this incident........now, hv another opinion. wld like u guys to know so that u r aware n won't act recklessly like me. looking back on it, i realised that i was v lucky.....prob my guardian angel was ard that day n saved me.

last sun, i woke up early, ard 8am (which was a vvv rare occurance for me, considering that i'm a night person) n i cldn't go back to sleep. msged lai2 n ss.....considering among all of us, they were the 1s most likely to wake up early but tat day, i think i even beat them to it. seeing no response fr them, i decided to take a walk ard the neighbourhood.

when i say take a walk, i didn't mean "literally walk"....usually, what i do is drive ard in the car. similar to what i do last time in glasgow; walk ard in the middle of the night to clear my mind. here, in kl, i don't hv that privilege seeing as it's so hot n humid.

however, on this day, i was forced to literally walk while thinking things through as my car was blocked by my mom's car. without notifying any1, i jt walked ard the neighbourhood, with hopes of sorting out my troubled mind.

there was this rd which was quite lonely.....but it's really shady n not so warm.....not even sure y i sudd became aware there was some1 watching me. prob my guardian angel "at work".

noticed fr the corner of my eye - a van with a few plp inside following behind me. {well, here's the part where every1 will start cursing me for being so stupid n reckless.....}

{to my defence, it was always v safe ard my area....plus there were supp 2 b guards patrolling the area}

back to the story......i started walking faster n at a pt, i started jogging...all the while hoping that i wld meet up with some of the early jogging birds......no luck there. when i started speeding up, the van also accelerated, which really spooked me up.

luckily, to my far right, i noticed a hse whose gates was opened outside.....ran inside n started banging on the front door. an elderly couple opened up n was quite surprised to see me, i wld sayoutside, the van stopped jt outside the gate but when the front door opened, it sped away.......it definitely gave me a v bad fright.

told the elderly couple what happened n they let me wait inside with them till their son came back n send me home. didn't tell my family this as u cld imagine what kind of response i wld hv gotten fr them. plus my mom wld totally freak out.

yes, it's all with due cause but i still prefer not to get drilled abt being so "stupid".

went back there yst afternoon.....not by foot this time. drove along the same stretch of rd......n it dawned on me if those plp in the van really had BAD intentions towards me, i might not be ard any longer. prob still ard, but at WHAT cost n in WHAT condition???

that's when i realised i hvn't told my family n u guys how much i love u all........might not hv even shown thru my actions as we don't get to see each other daily now. if i were gone, that wld hv been my BIGGEST regret of all. that's when i broke down in the car n cried for a full hr there.

this will forever be etched into my mind for all times........nvr procrastinate to tell those ard u how much u care n love them. not everything has 2 b said through words but at least, show them thru ur actions. i will try to do this for everyday of my life.....i wldn't know when i won't be ard to do this n i dun wanna leave this world full of regrets.








3 comments:

G9H10 said...

Indeed guardian angel aka God is at work, and at work all the times, be it we realise or not...my dear, you have already seen how my expression was...i shudder each time to think what happened in front of my house and now this incident...my dears, pray continuously for safety and ppl around us...and trust Him to protect us and grant us wisdom to know what to do...love, lai2

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

FUSSY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u very daring hor? go out running.. me, sushi n lailai going to punish u the next time we see u!! But i remembered receiving a forwarded email from u.. also tmn desa case wat.. kidnapping case as well... so bcareful lah..
~kepong here also quite dangerous... so when closing shop tat time have to b extra careful too k???

G9H10 said...

every1 pls rem that i luv them vvvvv muchie......u wldn't want to hurt an innocent, sweet, good n v "kwai" gal, wld u all?? fussy-