Monday, June 15, 2009

I am free !~!

Wah I've last written since March ! and I like this new look of our blog ! Talking about new look, remember the 'New Look' chain in the UK we used to frequent? Reminds me of the shirt I bought from the outlet and its time for me to sort out my wardrobe. Its time for me to sort out many other things too.

Today is a historical day, to me at least! Its been 2 years. I didnt quite know how these 2 years had passed. When I come to full realisation recently, I felt like my eyes have been un-blindfolded. I couldnt 'see' clearly except at the beginning, and now the end of this milestone of my life. Cant wait to move on to another one indeed ;)

I began to recall lately on how I was waiting anxiously for the news of Masters placement, whether its part time or full time. I wanted to do full time because I know I'm one who cant really multi task and afraid I cant cope. The Lord has His own timing and way of doing things. I didnt know until the week classes were already started. He didnt give me much time and space to decline this part time offer. Full time quotas had been filled then. I still wasnt convinced and wanted to switch to full time. Esp when there was a lady who dropped out and I could actually fill her place. But the lecturer didnt allow me too! I was so sad. Towards the end of the week, I was driving home and the Lord spoke - its His plan for me to take this way. Regardless of what I think my weaknesses and challenges are, He will see me through. I said ok Lord, since You said that, I've got no choice but to depend on You. It was His grace, mercy, wisdom and strength which sustained me throughout these 2 years :)

What is it to my gain through this narrow gate He took or rather 'forced' me through ;) ? The Masters degree is the least of all. I treasure the discipline, preseverance & faithfulness He'd taught me. Never say never, never say impossible. All things are possible with Him. I'm also grateful for the liberation & wellness He has granted to my soul from my past hurts during this period. No words could express fully. Above all, loving the Lord. Though I'm challenged, could I still say the same when I face trying times? When I have been stricken bare, nothing left for me?!? I dunno but I pray I'd still do.

And then, as I was driving today (yea driving time is a good time for me to just keep silent and listen to Him ;)), I said Lord I know myself, what I am really, what I have and what I deserve. Your mercy upon my life is too great for me. I dont know exactly what I could offer back to You, but I just avail myself.

This verse aptly described these 2 years, His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me - 2 Corinthians 9.

I'm really excited being 'freed' ! hehe, almost felt like being released from jail ! It was such a simple luxury to just lie on the couch and talk on the phone today. Without having my work at the back of my mind. I still have many more things on hand to catch up, but I'd rather do a million more things than to do thesis. I cant say I hated thesis when I was in the midst of it, but I can now! hahaa...!! I said to a friend, I'd rather give birth than to do thesis ever again! can you imagine how intoxicated I was with it ?!? Nevertheless, I dont resent. I give thanks and am glad its over! Mission accomplised! :)

ok time for bed..sorry for a long, boring entry...trying to make up for the past months. and I just wanna testify His goodness :) with love, lai2

3 comments:

G9H10 said...

wah...u rather give birth than doing the thesis again ah...tat "painful"!!!

sushi

G9H10 said...

cos it consumes your whole being - physically, mentally, spiritually, wholeheartedly, everything lar...i'm just done with the corrections and am ready to bind it! yay! officially over!

lai2

~MoMo*Chin~ said...

Dear lai lai,
Congrats being able to finish ur thesis.. i somehow know how it feels.. what a relieve right?(seeing the reaction from goon n my sister.)
Glad u like the new outlook... love it too.. wonder how the other think of it...
It always amazes me when u link everything that has happened to you to God. Well... just to let you know that u are a great walking testimony about Him for me.. Always inspiring me to do something more... Just thought that you should know. =)
Will post something up soon... =)
Probably will have more to post after BBBB comes back..